Eat Journal - Trying out The 3-Day Juice Cleanse from Veestro
Bob and I tried out the 3-Day Juice Cleanse from Veestro to start the New Year! I lost 2.5 pounds and Bob lost 3 pounds! We are having a great start to the year.
Here is my experience with the Veestro 3-Day Juice Cleanse:
To be fair, we did not just do the juice plan. We ordered six of Veestro's meals to try over the course of the three days for dinner. This was my first time doing a juice cleanse and I was worried about getting hangry and/or messing up my metabolism if I drank nothing but juice for three days. I may try just juicing for 1 day at a time in the future, but I wanted to tread lightly my first time out so I wouldn't get too discouraged and quit.
The morning, afternoon, and evening juice regimen (with ingredient list) was:
- Power of the Tropics: apples, carrots, pineapple, ginger, sachi inchi, and acerola cherry.
- Hand Grenade: apples, celery, kale, broccoli, kiwi, and maqui berry.
- Cleansing Tonic: carrots, beets, kale, parsley, maqui berry. (this was the only one we did not care for, as it tasted too much like beets for our personal preferences).
- Spring Into Action: oranges, pineapple, celery, basil, sachi inchi.
- Johnny Appleseed: apples, spinach, cucumber, kale, lemon, parsley, ginger, sachi inchi, acerola cherry.
- Let's Keep the Doctor Away: apples, cucumber, pear, ginger root, acerola cherry.
Our dinners were: Baked Mac & Cheez (would definitely order again, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!); Golden Chickpea Stew (liked); Red Curry Tofu (loved almost as much as the Mac & Cheez); Beluga Lentil Braise (indifferent); Cauliflower Milanese Dinner (we didn't like this one); and the Pizza Napolitana (which was very similar to our full fat traditional margherita pizza days).
Another confession: We both indulged in some of my mother's cheese cookies that were left over from the holidays on Day 1 and Day 3!
As for exercise, Bob didn't do any. He had a bad cold and was resting. He still lost three pounds doing nothing and still eating cheese cookies! I did the hour Traci Anderson Mat Workout on Day 1 and a 20 minute intermediate yoga video on Day 2. I rested on Day 3.
We did notice that mentally we felt a little slower on the second and third day, but we were never hungry. On Day 2 I had a weird sensation for a moment that my legs weren't strong enough to support me. Sort of like a floating feeling. Otherwise, we felt cleaner, lighter, and healthier. No meat for three days was not something I wound up missing.
We are sold and are now subscribing to the 3-day Juice Cleanse every two weeks! I highly recommend Veestro's products.
Eat. Travel. Write. Index. Buy Stealth Journals Repeat. -- Jamie Davis Whitmer