Pages From a Secret Diary Journal - Tim Ferriss's Exercise From Tools of Titans: Handicapping Beliefs vs. Replacement Beliefs
Thinking back to December of last year, when I was reading Tim Ferriss's "Tools of Titans." There was a very powerful journaling exercise that I did that involved writing your current handicapping beliefs and then writing replacement beliefs to replace your handicapping thoughts. What a raw (yet powerful) journaling exercise! I highly recommend this exercise for a morning journaling pages practice. This was such an inspirational journaling exercise.
Some of my current handicapping beliefs were:
1. Fear of cutting a project because I was afraid of how to replace the lost income.
2. I don't know how to sell a product. I don't know anything about running a "real" business and making a profit.
3. I'm not creative enough.
4. I'm not good enough at networking to be successful.
5. No one is going to buy the journals, or if they do want to buy them, they're going to want to buy them so cheaply that it won't even make sense to be in business.
The Replacement beliefs are pictured below (pages from a secret diary journal):
5. - Replacement beliefs not pictured, but written: This is just fear talk. There is a market for everything, at all price points. You don't know what is going to happen. It works or it doesn't. The only thing you can do is press forward. You definitely can't sell that which has never been made.
And yes, you better believe that I made sure to index this in my "Rise" journal!